- This event has passed.
Overdose Prevention Training
March 24 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Sonoran Prevention Works will be hosting a free community Overdose Recognition, Response, and Naloxone administration training on Tuesday, March 24, 2020 at 12 Noon, Messenger Payson Funeral Home, 901 S Westerly Rd, Payson, AZ 85541.
People who use or have a history of using drugs (prescribed or non-prescription), friends & family members, and ALL members of the community are WELCOME and encouraged to attend!
Naloxone (Narcan) is an easy-to-use medication that when administered in time, can prevent death due to opioid overdose. Common opioids include heroin, OxyContin, codeine, Percocet, and Vicodin.
Participants of this training will learn:
– The basics of Harm Reduction and Stigma
– Overdose Statistics Nationally and Locally here in AZ
-Fentanyl: Myths and Reality
– The laws addressing Naloxone possession, distribution, and administration
– How to recognize if someone is overdosing
– How Naloxone reverses an overdose
– How to respond to an opioid overdose using Naloxone
– How to create an overdose plan
This training is FREE and every attendee will be given information on how to access our free intramuscular naloxone kits.
No registration or RSVP required.
For more information, please contact:
Deeadra Ursin-Zachary Overdose Prevention Coordinator