- This event has passed.
Save Our Schools Arizona Network – Addressing Education & Health Disparities in Latinx & Native American Communities
November 12 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
The coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has revealed deep-seated inequities in our education and healthcare systems for communities of color and has amplified social and economic factors that contribute to poor health and education outcomes. Recent news reports indicate that the pandemic disproportionately impacts Latinx and Native communities, compounding long standing racial disparities. As we consider how to plan for in-person learning for Arizona’s students during a global pandemic, this moment also holds the possibility of redesigning a deeply flawed system so that, as we return to “normal,” we will not also return to the inequitable status quo.
This webinar features education and health leaders who will discuss how policymakers, educators, and advocates can seize this moment to reassess in ways that can transform education and health experiences for Latinx and Native communities.
A Q&A will follow the moderated conversation.
• Will Humble, Executive Director for the Arizona Public Health Association
• Nolan Cabrera, Associate Professor in the Center for the Study of Higher Education at the University of Arizona
• Stephanie Parra, Executive Director for ALL in Ed
• Nadine Groenig, Tribal Outreach Consultant for Save Our Schools Arizona Network
• Diana Yazzie Devine, CEO / President, Native American Connections
View on FB Live or register at: https://www.sosaznetwork.org/events